A Look Inside Your Mouth
It’s said that the best place to start is at the very beginning, and with dentistry, it all begins with an initial comprehensive dental examination. That’s the place where we lay the groundwork for any future recommendations and that’s where we get a good close up view of your teeth and gums
Your journey to dental health starts with a thorough examination.
Ready to get started?
Then give us a call and let the doctor perform a thorough initial examination to evaluate the state of your dental health. Don’t you think it’s about time?
What’s Involved in a Comprehensive Exam?
You may think that a comprehensive exam consists only of a cleaning and a look at your teeth. Actually, there’s quite a bit more to it than just that.
At New'Gen Dental, our initial comprehensive dental exam will include the following processes;
- Obtaining a written record that details your medical/dental history, including a listing of all current medications.
- A series of diagnostic X-rays that provide a comprehensive view of your teeth and condition of your bones.
- A periodontal examination, which includes a thorough screening and assessment of your gums – to check for any signs of periodontal (gum) disease.
- An occlusal exam, to check for bite problems (underbite, overbite, crossbite), worn down teeth, and jaw problems, such as TMJ.
- Additionally, the doctor will perform a meticulous tooth-by-tooth check to identify cavities, examine prior treatment and restorations and the current condition of each.
- We also take dental photographs of your teeth and smile to help you understand what the dentist can see. With these photographs we are able to show you the problem areas and begin to put a treatment plan in place
Every journey begins with a first step! If it’s been awhile since you’ve seen a dentist,New'Gen Dental Surgery would be happy to provide you with a thorough examination. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please give us a call or book online today!